Housekeeper – Calvert Reconnections
We are the UK’s first Intensive Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation Center focused on outdoor activities and are now looking to recruit for the following position to join our team.
The incumbent will perform daily household chores and shift duties at Calvert Reconnections.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work flexibly, display an ability to work independently as a key member of the wider rehab team.
- Work under the direction of the Registered Director to ensure the provision of high quality service and IPC to our attendees.
- Ensure infection prevention and control throughout the department.
- Clean and prepare rooms for participants and visitors to Reconnections and undertake in-house laundry.
- Undertake cleaning tasks throughout the Centre.
- Safe and proper disposal of household (including clinical) waste.
- Report outages and defects to the registered manager if necessary.
- Liaise with the Registered Manager and other staff regarding assigned rooms and assist with any special visitor requirements i.e. additional linen, supplies or care equipment such as shower chairs, hoists, etc.
- Monitor inventory of cleaning chemicals and household items i.e. trash bags, cleaning chemicals, rags and notify the Registered Manager when new inventory is required.
- Comply with Reconnections health and safety policies and relevant laws and regulations.
- Complete relevant qualifications or training required to comply with health and safety legislation or best practice.
Salary: starting rate of £9.50 to £9.77
Contract: This position is permanent following a trial period of 6 months
Hours: 1 full-time position or 2 x part-time/job sharing
Pension: Defined Contribution Occupational Pension Scheme (NEST)
Public holidays: 28 days per year, including public holidays. One additional vacation day is accrued for each year of service up to a maximum of five additional days
Other: the publication will be subject to checks with the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
The job holder must have had all their COVID-19 vaccinations.
How to register
Please go to the site https://www.calvertreconnections.org.uk/work-with-us/ and download the application package and submit your completed application to [email protected]
Contact us at [email protected] or on 017687 85381 and ask for an application file